Guest blogging? Not for me. Here's why.
- To be consistent with their brand, my voice has to blend in with theirs.
One reason why people will choose to follow your blog is to see the world from a different perspective.
- SEO experts claim that guest blogging will benefit my blog because of spill-over traffic.
When was the last time you clicked on a guest blogger's bio after reading their article?
- Blogging for someone else, you are adding to their brand value with very little return to yours.
"I wrote for so-and-so" other writers will claim. They think that by writing for a famous brand, that popularity will somehow rub off on theirs.
It doesn't work that way. It is still someone else's brand they are promoting. I would rather be patient planting seeds on my own garden, thank you.
- Once you get what building a brand is all about, you will NEVER write for someone else for the rest of your life.
- If I am good enough to write for someone else, why should I?